Arsenal Under-19s 2018/19
Arsenal Under-19s? What about Arsenal U19 squad, players and team 2018/19? Would you like to know more about the up and coming stars in the Arsenal youth ranks? Well, find out below.
Arsenal’s Under-18s, Under-19s and Under-21s make up the development process for young players at the club. Here is the Arsenal Team Under-19s 2018/19:
Arsenal Under-19s 2018/19 Squad List
The old reserve league was replaced by a new Under-21 nationwide league from the 2012/13 season. The Under-21 side is mostly filled with young players looking to prove themselves and to earn a spot in the club’s senior side.
The Under-19s is also known as the ‘youth team’ created to accommodate players who are no longer in 18 or below. It also consists of the club’s youngest players who are not quite ready to progress onto the Under-21s or the Under-23s.
These players have to have professional contracts with the club, unlike the Under-18s squad which is full of teenage players. However, one should take note that a club’s Under-19s side is not as concrete as it’s Under-21s or the Under-18s.
Players are often shifting from one age group to the other based on their development, form or age. There is not a detailed list of all Arsenal players who currently are in the Under-19s side but we can give you the names of players who are potentially playing in it.
Arsenal Under-19 players 2018/19
Here is a list of all the professional players in the Gunners academy.
Arsenal Under-19s Or Academy Players Out On Loan
|37||DF||Krystian Bielik (on loan to Charlton Athletic)|
|45||GK||Matt Macey (on loan to Plymouth Argyle)|
|55||MF||Emile Smith Rowe (on loan to RB Leipzig)|
|48||MF||Reiss Nelson (on loan to Hoffenheim)|
|98||MF||Kelechi Nwakali (on loan to FC Porto B)|
Arsenal have gone on to produce a lot of talented young players in the past (as we will find out below) but we must take the time to appreciate some of their current youth stars.
The fans are already raving over the prospects of Reiss Nelson and Emile Smith Rowe after watching them in action.
Nelson has been tearing it up in the Bundesliga with TSG Hoffenheim while Smith Rowe managed to score 4 goals in 7 senior appearances for the Gunners in 2018.
Another player who has been earning the praise of the club’s fans has been Bukayo Saka. The winger is only 17 years old and is already competing for a spot in the senior side, during a time when the Gunners are short staffed in his exact position.
International Arsenal Academy Graduates
As you know, Arsenal have produced a lot of talented players who have gone on to represent themselves at the highest level of football. However, nothing speaks of the system’s success than to see their very own players take the pitch for their own countries.
Here we take a look at all the Arsenal academy graduates who have gone on to represent their countries in the international stage:
|International Academy Graduates|
Arsenal Developmental Team/Squad – Trophies
Arsenal‘s Academy or Arsenal developmental team is one of the most distinguished and successful in England. Over the years they produced world class talents like David O’Leary, Wojciech Szczęsny, Jack Wilshere, etc.
However, they are not just known for producing quality talents but also cause of the sheer number of trophies they have collected at this level.
They have won 7 FA Youth Cups and 6 Premier Academy League titles only to name a few. Take a look below at all of the Arsenal Academy’s achievements:
- Football & London Combination: 18
- 1922–23, 1926–27, 1927–28, 1928–29, 1929–30, 1930–31, 1933–34, 1934–35, 1936–37, 1937–38, 1938–39, 1946–47, 1950–51, 1962–63, 1968–69, 1969–70, 1983–84, 1989–90
- Football Combination Cup: 3
- 1952–53, 1967–68, 1969–70
- London FA Challenge Cup: 7
- 1933–34, 1935–36, 1953–54, 1954–55, 1957–58, 1962–63, 1969–70
- Kent League: 1
- West Kent League: 3
- 1900–01, 1901–02, 1902–03
- London League First Division: 3
- 1901–02, 1903–04, 1906–07
- Kent Junior Cup: 1
- London Professional Mid-Week League: 2
- 1931–32, 1952–53
- Eastern Counties League: 1
- Metropolitan League: 3
- 1958–59, 1960–61, 1962–63
- Metropolitan League Cup: 2
- 1960–61, 1965–66
- Metropolitan League Professional Cup: 2
- 1960–61, 1961–62
- Professional Development League & Premier Academy League: 6 (record)
- 1997–98 (U18), 1999–00 (U17), 2001–02 (U19), 2008–09 (U18), 2009–10 (U18), 2015–16 (Play-Off Winners) (U21)
- FA Youth Cup: 7
- 1965–66, 1970–71, 1987–88, 1993–94, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2008–09
- Premier League National Cup: 1
- South East Counties League: 4
- 1955–56, 1964–65, 1971–72, 1990–91
- South East Counties League Cup: 6
- 1959–60, 1960–61, 1961–62, 1963–64, 1970–71, 1979–80
- Southern Junior Floodlit Cup: 5
- 1962–63, 1965–66, 1984–85, 1990–91, 1997–98
- London Minor FA Cup: 1
- NextGen Series: 2012–13 Fourth place